Tuesday, January 24, 2012

State of the Union

No, I do not like Barack Obama, thanks for asking. I despise of him. This isn't a political blog however, and I just thought that was a cliche name, so we're moving on.

What I wanted to address you on tonight, my fellow Americans (okay I'll stop), is the position of your seventh-place Dallas Mavericks. The season has been an interesting one, as it always is, with mediocrity as the special entree, with favors of Odom and Kidd, rumors as the desserts, with Howard and Williams as the specials,and bench roles for drink, with Beaubois as the restaurant favorite. Oh boy, I can't wait to dig into this dinner...



What should I choose first...oh, alright. How about the mediocrity? Lamar Odom has been an overrated, unwilling player to this point. Comparing his stats to last years, His minutes have decreased by about 10 minutes per game, his field goal percentage has decreased by about 20 percent, and his points per game has decreased by 50 percent. So what's to blame? The lockout? Kardashian distractions? Him wanting to make a movie? His brother passing? I believe it's all of those things combined, and that he never wanted to leave LA. He'd been in LA for 11 out of his 12 seasons prior to this season, so he'd basically made it home. This four game stretch where Dirk is sitting is when he needs to showcase his skills, or else they might as well cancel any Kardashian plans in Dallas for next year.

Second...hmmmm how about J Kidd? My dad pointed out to me before the game last night that Kidd had made only 4 of his last 25 shots. Kids, if your counting at home, thats 16 percent. 16. You think those old-ass legs are starting to catch up to him? Look, he makes this offense go, he pushes the ball, he's a leader, he makes wondrous passes. But honestly, it's time for a bench role from J Kidd. Rick Carlisle, if you're reading this, which I know you aren't, please take heed of my word, and do what's best for J Kidd and the Mavs.


Time for me to get some Roddy B. I think it's about damn time Roddy B's minutes need to increase. He's averaging less minutes played than last year, a year where he was injured for the majority of it. Carlisle owes something to this guy. He's done nothing but generate more points in the offensive end for Dallas, he's a hell of a lot harder to guard than Kidd, which makes his prescience on the court big. Look, I'm not trying to say J Kidd is a terrible player, or he's not as good as Roddy (which is totally true), but for the sake of the future of the Mavs, please play Roddy instead of Kidd. This is the year where Roddy needs to breakout, and it doesn't help if a 38 year old, white, slow point guard is standing in front of him.

So now it's time for my favorite part of dinner, the infamous dessert. And it's time to address the rumors surrounding Dwight Howard and Deron Williams, whom have both listed Dallas as top destinations they would like to be traded to/sign with in the offseason. I love Dwight, he arguably is this season's MVP so far, he's a defensive prescience down low, and he scares the absolute shit out of me when Dallas plays Orlando. I could see him thriving here. He would love Dallas, and Dallas would love him. Now on to the more interesting topic, Deron Williams. D-Will could really shake up things in Dallas, which could mean the departure of Marion, Beaubois, Kidd, Jet, Haywood, and Odom. Yeah, that's a lot. Is it worth it? In my opinion, no. I think you need to take advantage of the years that Dirk has left, which is obviously not a lot. D-Will is an awesome player in my opinion, but if Dallas wants to save themselves for the future, signing D-Will is not the way to go. Signing one or the other is great, just not both of them. 

I thank you for listening to my State of the Union, and plan on a great year ahead.


PS: Chris Broussard is a retard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment